Kiddomatic is a film festival hosted by The Roxy Theater, Missoula’s community theater. Formerly known as the Montana International Children’s Film Festival founded in 2011, this festival celebrates the kid in all of us. Now overseen by The Roxy and curated by Festival Director, Carrie Richer. This 4-day fall film festival is eagerly anticipated by the community with movies handpicked for Missoula kiddos and their parents too. This unique festival boasts a collection of international films to inspire our youngest community members to become global citizens and the next cinephiles.
Upcoming Festival Dates:
November 3-6, 2022
We do not accept submissions for this festival but you are invited to share any films ready to screen this Fall with our programmers. Films must meet stipulations listed below.
- Films should be appropriate viewing for 3-14 year old people.
- Shorts, features, documentary, narrative, animation, stop-motion, and subtitled works from any country will be considered.
- Ideally we prefer to screen work completed after 2020 but there is no date requirement.
- Screening fees are paid to filmmakers and negotiated on a case by case basis. Any screening fees outside of the US or Canada will be paid through Paypal.
- Contact Carrie at The Roxy Theater dot org with your screener link.
The Kiddomatic film program is made up of visually stunning, globally-focused short and feature-length films accessible online for ages 3-14. Kiddomatic prioritizes work made by a diverse array of perspectives within the curated collection. Past selections include The Red Balloon, Gumby: The Movie, The Snail and The Whale, Kamali, My Beautiful Stutter, Sweet, Salty Wind, Boys State, Binti, Heatwave, SupaModo, Kick Like A Girl, The Gruffalo, A Boy Named Charlie Brown, The Iron Giant, and more.